Re: [IRCA] AM down the road

Jim,

Yes, I do remember well, the SSB  s/ons every MM. It was fun. We would
start out on a clear frequency and catch the s/on at 0200 PST (0500
EST), then again at 0300, and 0400. A whole new group of stations would
be signing on. That was DX heaven and I thought it would go on forever.
But again, the R8 with the ECSS mode would have been a fantastic edition
to have then. The SSBs would pop out of the noise so easily just like
the code and sweep tones do on tests. Mentioning tests, we also had all
of the frequency check tests (F/C). I remember well the list every year
of the stations that would do the transmitter tests on a regular basis,
every month or whatever.  But you are right, we do have the best
receivers out there today. I wish we had the DX opportunities of 35
years ago.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.