Re: [IRCA] eskip --

> Willis,
>
> Hey, I would even take the 60s or 70s. hi. QSLing was a lot better then
> too.
>
> Patrick Martin

So, Patrick, let me tell you about TV DX I had in the 60's. I just love
talking about and thinking about the past. It was a happier time of my life.

In 1967-68 I was stationed in Charleston, SC. The wife and I live on
Sullivans Island, SC, surrounded by salt water. The house we rented was
covered in TV antennas as well as radio antennas and the ground system I had
was terrific!

Just on Trops alone I logged the high band TV stations from east Texas to
New York. (The TV set we had did not have UHF
on it) In fact, if this counts for DX I saw the east coast of the U.S. on
our ships radar when we were two days out to days. We were on the way to
Europe and at the time of reception about 1,200 mile east of Charleston. Our
air search was on a frequency of about 400mc.

>From SC I logged most of the Carribean countries as well as South America.

But from here in Tennessee, I have trouble just hearing the Braves on radio.
The soil here is so poor for growing anything, as well as for radio
reception. The radio stations in Cleveland, TN have to lay down extra cooper
in the ground just have a good coverage area.

In the 70's I was back in Dallas, TX and having a great time TVDXing. The
70's were not bad for TVDX. Picked up YSR-2 El Salvador with rabbit ear's on
top of the TV.  Bring back the good ole days, when an RC cola and a moon pie
was only 10 cents and no tax.

Willis