Re: [IRCA] IRCA DX Tests

> My retort isn't directed at J.D. or any individual,
> but I think that more than a few DX'ers want to
> be "spoon fed". DXing isn't for wimps

Keep up the good work, Les.  Most of us are happy with
any sort of special transmission a station is willing
to do.  I got the same gripes about station test
formats when I was doing the DX test thing for IRCA.
Ya' definitely gotta take what the station will give
you.

I never understood the argument that if it wasn't a
full hour or half hour completely devoted to code,
tones, polkas, and marches - and at full day power and
pattern - then it wasn't a "real DX test".  It was
coming directly from the station, and it was something
special to help us have a better chance of hearing
them, so what was the big deal?

While the naysayers nay-sayed, many more of us were
often rewarded with a new, and sometimes rare,
logging.

I look forward to the upcoming DX test announcement.

73  -  J.D. Stephens
       Hampton Cove, AL