Re: [IRCA] BOG wire

Craig:

	The results were interesting.  I aimed it at the Canadian Maritimes.
I would have to dig through my old log books to see exactly what I
heard, but I do remember on 730 where I normally would hear XEX and
CKLG fighting it out without an antenna.  However, with the 7700
footer, I heard CKDM dominating the channel until their sign off and
then Ontario and I think NFL starting to dominate the channel with no
sign of Mexico or Vancouver. I heard several Maritime stations
including NFL on other frequencies.  It was a DX feast.  I also heard
channels light up when the daytimers would sign on from the NE USA. I
regret that I did not spend more nights with the antenna, it was a
hassle to set up, and I wish I would have had a recorder too because
of all the IDs I probably missed.....

	I used antennas ranging from about 1000 feet to about 3000 feet on
various occasions.  I think one of the best DX sessions I had was
near the Great Salt Lake on a 2500 footer when I heard TP signals 1.5
to 2 hours after my local Sunrise.  I wonder how the ground wave
conductivity compares near the GSL to the Ocean.  I would think it
might be significantly higher, but I don't know for sure.

Bill Harms