Re: [IRCA] BOG wire

> Dennis, I used number 28 copper magnetic wire for distances over 2000
> ft (one time 7700 ft) in Utah with no problem back in the 1980's

How well did it work?

Everything I've heard about super long wire antennas like that says they
work great, but in a *very* narrow beam.  I vaguely remember reading of one
of those, perhaps in Australia.  It was possible to hear a 1kw in Costa
Rica, but that's *all* it ever heard on that frequency - and it was a
regular.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI