Re: [IRCA] BOG wire

Dennis,

I'd suggest fastening the BOG over the top of the fence with insulators at
regular intervals. Use heavy wire so it doesn't get broken easily. The idea
is that the fence is there and is electromagnetically coupled to the wire
by proximity. So use the fence as a support. If esthetics is a problem,
then use post insulators, fasten them to the fence posts every 75 feet on
your side of the fence such that the BOG is not on the top of the fence but
on the inside of it. That way, anyone fooling with the wire is obviously
vandalizing your property.

And I doubt that there's going to be a problem with the fence shielding the
BOG because the fence is already coupled to the fence. The fence controls
the directivity of the BOG.

Anyone else have ideas?

73 de Charlie

At 06:58 PM 3/4/2006, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Behind my back fence is a two foot patch of ground separating the fence
>from a sidewalk.  The narrow patch of ground runs about 500' in a
>Northeast direction.
>Could real thin wire be used to run a BOG over this distant?  I thought of
>using thicker wire but the landscapers that work the area might pull it
>out.   I was thinking about using magnetic wire. Ideas appreciated.
>
>Dennis Vroom
>Vancouver, WA

>Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

             ---------