[IRCA] XEPRS transmitters site

At 04:00 PM 2/19/2006, you wrote:

>There may indeed be a barrio named "Rosalito," but it's not where XETRA
>and XEKAM are.

Scott,

Did you see Don Kaskey's posting on "Rosalito Beach."  I forget what
XEPRS's (1090) call is now. Ought to get ambitious and look it up.

I thought XETRA and XEPRS's transmitter sites were neighboring. May have
been another station.

Apparently someone in Rosalito/Rosarito Beach has been into the funny weed
again.

I was stationed at Naval Ambitious Base, Coronado (CA) '71 - '72. The mess
facility (no, not the trash dump, but the eatin' place)
tuned XERB-1090 and put it on the facility's PA system (good audio
response). "10-90 Soul Express" was what XEPRS was then. On the hour, some
deep-voiced stud announced "Equis E Pe Ere Ese, Rosalito, BAJA California,"
with emphasis on Baja and in
proper Spanish.

That "Rosalito" prompted me to join someone else whom I think was IRCA and
drive down to look for the site. Anyone reading this who was driving? So
there is substance to what I observed. I thought about that for the longest
time.

Done talked it to death. Let's go and beat up some pore ole' lady for a
change. I KNOW, I KNOW: Let's go let the air out of Don Caskey's tires!

Scott, it's the high 20ºs here. Maybe we can break into Don Caskey's house
and steal enough to fly (ride, sail, stagger) down there and slug it out on
the beach. Settle it right there and then tell the Mexican Gov't!

Yeah, let's go!

>That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. (And, given the 22 degree
>windy conditions outside, I'd much rather be in Rosarito than Rochester
>today, hi!)

Sebenty-Trees from down South,

Charlie/Cholly

           ---------