Re: [IRCA] XETRA transmitters site

Scott,

Not budging. There is a probability that there's a barrio named Rosalito,
or a neighboring municipality. A barrio has no legal existance. A
municipality does, but on a geographical scale is about equal to a county.
An atlas of México¹ may not show a
municipality since it is not a pin-point on a map.
   [ ¹ How do you like that accent mark on "México?" Ain't I great? I'll
let you lick my boots]

Boy, Yahoo had better show that superscript " ¹ " or I'm gonna knock snot.

Here's a fact for you to ponder and lose sleep over. All other
Spanish-speaking countries refer to the inhabitants of México as
"mejicanos."  Usually refer to the country as it is spelled down there.

Mexicans frequently refer to our state of California as "Alta California" I
think that name has carried over from the Spanish colonial years when that
was the official name of California. There is an anti-American edge to that
usage.

See the correspondence? Baja California/Alta California (Lower
California/Upper California).

Threw that stuff in. Mighty OT, but it's stuff I learned along the way. I
have a long love/hate relationship with Mexico. Years ago, the Spanish
taught in HS was Mexican Spanish.

Better stifle myself before I go way overboard.

73 frahm Meester Cholly

At 01:34 PM 2/19/2006, you wrote:

>Sorry, Cholly...but on this one I gotta disagree. Spent a pleasant
>afternoon there a few years back, and it's quite definitely Rosarito
>Beach, with two "R"s and an "O" at the end.
>
>The 1090 site is north of Rosarito along the coastal toll road, as is
>XEKAM 950. 690 used to be up there, too, but relocated to a new site
>south of town in the late nineties, and we didn't make it that far south.
>
>Here's the municipal website: http://www.rosarito.org/

>Charles A & Leonor L Taylor wrote:
> > The town that XERB-1090 and XERA-690's transmitters are in/near is
> actually
> > Rosalito. XERB's ID years ago said "XERB,
> > Rosalito, Baja California."
> >
> > I have a tremendous talent for languages, and an ear to match; but it
> > always seemed odd that I was the only one who heard "Rosalito" rather than
> > Rosarita. Some other guy and I went down to look at the transmitters, and
> > there was a small town-limit sign that clearly stated "Rosalito."
> >
> > 73 de Charlie
> >
> >              ---------
> > Charles A & Leonor L Taylor
> >    Greenville, North Carolina