Re: [IRCA] XETRA transmitters site

I used to be able to find, on the SCT website, detailed maps of each estado de México, but I haven't been able to find those maps in a couple of years.

My Guaia Roji atlas, a 204-page atlas published in México City, shows the town name Rosarito.
The FCC data base shows two coordinates for XETRA ... N32-25-30 W117-5-15 (which is also the coordinate for XEPRS) and N32-17-52 W117-1-48. The latter is the newer coordinate, listing powers of 77000 watts day and 50000 watts night to XETRA.

Plugging those coordinates into the Mapquest site
http://www.mapquestcom/maps/main.adp?formtype=latlong&cat=&address=&city=&state=&zipcode=, which I use to find transmitter sites, I find the first coordinate about 6 miles north of Rosarito and 6 miles southsouthwest of La Joya on Copan Street just west of Catemaco street and just south of Avenida Chichenitsa. The second site is about 5 miles SSE of Rosarito and about 2 miles NNW of one of two locations shown as El Descanso. The second site is west of what the map shows as several streets, but does not give names for them.

Plus my selective memory from my days DX'ing from Corvallis, Oregon, in the early to mid '50s, when XERB-1090 was one of the "border babies" transmitting mail order commercials for various products of dubious quality, I clearly remember XERB as announcing its location as Rosarito Beach. (It was heard far more often than KING-1090 in Seattle.)

Here's another website to check out:

When I Google search for "Rosalito Beach" Map, Google gives me three hits and asks, did you mean "Rosarito Beach, Map?"

Qal R. Mann, troublemaker