Re: [IRCA] WALE-990 problems

As a followup to this, the station has been notified bu the noise is still
there as of 9:30am.  It is only noted on the sideband closest to 990.  e.g.
USP of 980 and LSB of 1000.  If I had to guess, based on what the spurs
sound like, I'd have to say it may be a problem in the audio processing and
not the transmitter itself.  Sounds like many carriers in the +/- 10KHz
range from 990.  It may be a parasitic oscillation in something in the audio
circuit.

Whatever it is, it's ugly..

Here's a 30 second clip:  http://www.chowdanet.com/walenoise.mp3

Craig Healy