Re: [IRCA] WSRF 1580 Ft.Lauderdale, back on air

Re: [IRCA] WSRF 1580 Ft.Lauderdale, back on air

All I know is from listening to WSRF 1580 this afternoon, and what's listed
in the FCC DB, no other insight.

WSRF is not very strong into Boca for a supposed 10kW signal, sounding
about the same as WFLL 1400 at 1kW.

Both are listed in the FCC DB as located Ft.Lauderdale with WSRF's site 6
miles farther from me than WFLL's.  From what you say that they have been
from the same site, the discrepancy in power versus signal of WSRF is even
more apparent.

The WJCC 1700 Miami Springs 10kW signal is stronger and they are 12 to 18
miles farther then the WFLL and WSRF sites respectively, and their tower
pattern is directed away from me.  WFLL is non-directional, the pattern for
WSRF is unknown, but if they're at the WFLL site then I presume it too
would be non-d.

All of the coordinates for WSRF in the FCC DB are the same, though there is
a change from 6 to 4 towers and a night power reduction from 5kW to 1.5kW,
as listed in the second set of records.

How any of this relates to reality is unknown to me.

Not much help, I'm afraid.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan