Re: [IRCA] DC Operation of General Coverage Receivers

Re: [IRCA] DC Operation of General Coverage Receivers

Doug,

I haven't done it before, but I've given it some thought.

The receiver is the prime concern. If it works well off DC, you've got most of the problem licked.

Probe around the area and find a spot where QRM on the BCB is lowest.

I've got a EWE out back on the property line. Forest on the other side of the property line.

EWE's still noisy from QRM, but I haven't found out if I can knock down the QRM by isolating the EWE ground from coax ground by using a toroid transformer. Bet that would knock out some QRM. But now the EWE is next to a detached garage which has AC power coming in on underground lines.

For some frequencies, using the Space Magnet II (Amplified, shielded ferrite loop) inside the house is QUIETER than the EWE out back (by 100 feet from the house).

BUT I THINK IT'LL WORK.

What will you use for batteries?

73 de Charlie