Re: [IRCA] 1314 Norway

Hi Curtis, All,

I'm joining this discussion late, having just come into the group
this morning (and IRCA last month).

I live in Central Oregon. I believe I had 1314 Norway last night, but
wouldn't write to them for a verification based on what I heard (15
minutes of euro-pop punctuated by a 5-minute interview from 0815-0830
UTC). Having a Norwegian ancestry I'm pretty sure of what I heard,
but again, not having heard an ID, knowing the song titles, being
able to identify what the discussion was about, etc., I wouldn't even
attempt a QSL.

Last night's conditions were awesome here - TA hets on at least 15
frequencies during the period I listened (2200-0100 PT, 0600-0900 UT)
with the strongest on 738, 1098, and 1314. I wasn't able to pull a
signal out of either 738 (where CBX was too strong in the desired
direction) or 1098 (not sure why there, KFAX could be nulled pretty
well). Also, in a completely different direction, 530 RVC Turks and
Caicos was strong at around 0000 PT with an ID and contact numbers.

Dave Williams
Redmond, OR (CN94jg)
Member, WTFDA/IRCA/NRC
DXing with a dinged-up Grundig S350 (AM) and modified Denon TU1500RD
(FM)