Re: [IRCA] 1314 Norway

> I've seen a bunch of reception reports for 1314 Norway, but none of them,
> that I have noticed, state how the identification was made of what was heard.

I am jealous of how well my neighbors (Nick and Walt) pick
up this station, but let's stick to the facts shall we:

a.) It is the lone megawatt + transmitter on this frequency.
b.) The transmitter location is currently in constant dawn/dusk/twilight this time of the year.
c.) The signal always loops (for us) pretty much due North.
d.) The content is a dead giveaway; pop music, patter in Norweigan by YL-OM
e.) There is an internet parallel, streaming audio thingie on the NRK homepage (never listened to it)

Nick Hall-Patch and I, in the mid-nineties, picked up this station in the middle of the
afternoon once in December... 3 PM I recall. Full daylight. Armchair copy.

It is no wonder that between the three of us, Walt Salmaniw, Nick Hall-Patch included,
that we have almost 100 years of radio-dxing experience...
Considering that we are all 40X, that is impressive.

My 2-cents,

Colin in Victoria, Canada