Re: [IRCA] Quantum phaser vs MFJ 1026

Craig,

The MFJ 1026 some feel is flawed, but after I modified it by cutting out
some resistors & coils, I find the unit works fine. The only reason I
ordered the Quantum is that others said it was better than the MFJ unit.
In my case, it is not. The MFJ unit does not load down the circuit. The
Quantum does phase, but it doesn't leave much after I phase with it. An
example is 690 here on the Northern Oregon Coast. With the MFJ unit, I
phase out CBU Vancouver BC, leaving a weaker KRCO Primeville OR (1 KW),
not too strong but listenable. I do the same thing with the Quantum, I
can hardly hear anything on the channel. Plus the constant switching
drives me nuts. The MFJ does not have the A/A&B/B switch. It just uses
the controls. You turn the control down and the signal from that antenna
goes away. There is no switches. But there seems to be something wrong
to load the freq down that much.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin