[IRCA] TA's

I tried to send this last night, but my ISP was down until this AM. Then my PC decided to act up, so it took a while.

Hi Everyone:

Earlier this evening I was thinking I was in for an excellent session for TA's. Unfortunately it was not to be, just slightly better than average. The reason for my optimism? 153-Norway, Russia on 162 & 171, 189-Iceland and 1314-Norway were all in here with good audio a good 1/2 hour before local sunset. Within 30 minutes of sunset I was hearing 1134-Croatia and 1215-UK and 2 rarely heard stations, a possible Kuwait on 1548 and the UAE on 1575. Plus dozens of carriers. Unfortunately, it never got any better than this. Later on France replaced Russia on 162. The 198-UK BBC outlet came in, as did 177-Germany, 225-Poland and 252-Ireland. Within a few hours most had faded out leaving a poor 1314-Norway and the usual trio on 153, 162 and 189.

Mike in St Isidore AB with AOR 7030, Quantum Phaser, EWE's of 120 & 100', longwires of 750 and 300' and a 30' vertical.