Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] KKLF / KLIF DX tests

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] KKLF / KLIF DX tests

In Toronto drove up the Don Valley Parkway to escape
the downtown, where electric streetcars cause an awful
lot of QRM on AM. I didnd't have to go far - heard a
mix of morse code and sweep tones on 1700,
significantly under WEUV AL's gospel, and something
that seemed SS / Mexican format but uncertian about
that. Iowa would be likely, Florida possible. Briefly
something else in with EE, prehaps our test subject. I
though I heard a woman speaking EE (u/WEUV) after the
first bits of tone / code at 0008 or so. I also noted
code and sweeps as late as 0025 before tuning to other
channels. The code and also the sweep tones really
made it through. Would not have logged this without!

570, as Rick Shaftan reporterd from NJ, had Cuba's
Radio Reloj - here very weak, with Kitchener and a
second EE sation (most likely Youngstown OH or
Syracuse NY regulars). I spent most time on 1700, but
checked here every 10-15 secondsor so. No sign of the
test. I certainly would have been shocked to hear it
here, actually.

I was not able to tape this, being in a car and
driving on a thruway, and I don't collect QSLs. But I
do appreciate the test and plan to e-mail a thank-you
to the engineer.

Saul Chernos
Toronto