From: IRCA <irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Les Rayburn <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 8, 2017 11:05 AM
To: IRCA Radio List - irca@hard-core-dx_com
Subject: Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] RIP DX Tests (was: Re: Rackley on Synchronous AM Boosters)

Patrick,

True enough. I just turned 55, and I'm just hoping that enough analog signals will remain to last my lifetime. Can't imagine a world without radio to DX. The Chinese have a saying, "Make friends with change." I've lived long enough to see the wisdom in that.

I can say that radio has been a lifelong hobby of mine, licensed as a ham at age 9-and active in DXing even before that. I've tried a bit of everything. Ham, SWL, AM, FM, TV, Public Service Bands-and enjoyed it all. There is magic in the ether and I hope that the younger generation find something similar to excite them.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL