Re: [IRCA] Antenna Connection Sealants

Tim...Go big time...if the XYL will allow it......I put a piece of 4" PVC thru the wall tilted down to prevent moisture intrusion....and feed multiple pieces of coax/hardline thru it.....Then stuff an old rag with bug repellant in to seal it...or some foam insulator from a spray can !!   Regards , Chris   K4CME      S.C.
----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Kridel
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Antenna Connection Sealants

Speaking of antennas, I'm about to gut a bedroom to turn it into my shack/office, and I'm interested in options for getting the antenna leads through the wall. I'm thinking about putting a twin female connector coax plate on the wall, with a pair of short (~4") jumpers in the wall and out to a weatherproof two-connector box on the outside of the house. From there I would attach the coax leads to the antennas and seal the connections using the black electrical tape that Thomas mentioned.

Any thoughts on that design? What do you use? And how much loss would the connectors introduce?