Re: [IRCA] Antenna Connection Sealants

--- chris and anne <tantwo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tim...Go big time...if the XYL will allow it......I put a piece of 4"
> PVC thru the wall tilted down to prevent moisture intrusion....and
> feed multiple pieces of coax/hardline thru it.....Then stuff an old
> rag with bug repellant in to seal it...or some foam insulator from a
> spray can !!

*** Plain old putty works well to seal it also and is easier to remove
to replace cables. I ran a piece of plastic pipe through a hole in the
foundation, cemented around the edges of the outside of the pipe, and
then used putty around the wires on the inside of it. I've had to
replace the putty twice in 22 years after it lost its pliability.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID