Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] You Can Tell that AM Radio is In a Recognition CrisisWhen...

Slightly off the topic of this one, I had the local utility out last week trying to find the source of RF noise that I believe is coming from the power lines.  He did a lot of testing and found problems that he referred to repair people, and then asked me what stations I was having trouble hearing.  He couldn't take ALL for an answer since listening problems were a function of antenna rotation, and said he needed specifics for some out-of-the-area stations.  I told him KOAL, KOA and KFNZ (for starters).  Then I had to tell him the frequencies, where they were, and convince him that you really could hear them from here.  Ugh!

Mike Hawkins
Campbell CA