Re: [IRCA] conditions for Oct 25

At 04:00 26/10/2005, you wrote:
>Nick,
>
>The last TP to leave this morning was JOLF-1242. I think it left close
>to 1730 (1030 PDT). It was amazing between 9-10 AM (PDT) how many TPs
>were still in. After JOAK 594 was going, HLKG-738 was still there. Hets
>all over the dial.

Sounds like what we had at Grayland, Patrick.  It was a bit like that last
year, as we tried to stay awake long enough to hear NHK2 sign off, but this
year there was a lot of good quality signals from the smaller private
Japanese stations also.

>The new EWE does better on the
>Chinese/Koreans/Japanese I notice in many cases. Your Korean on 1305 you
>report every once in a while, has been very very rare here through the
>years. I think I only heard it a couple of times. I noticed it fairly
>decent off the WNW EWE this morning, but not there on the SW EWE.  It
>was quite striking comparing the two EWEs. In many cases the two EWEs
>got the same stations, but the more Northern TPs could be as much as a
>couple S units stronger off the WNW EWE. This is a lot of fun.

That's quite interesting news.   I thought of the EWE family of antennas as
providing good nulling characteristics with quite a broad response in the
desired direction, but your relatively small change in direction seems to
be making a big difference in signal strength.  Maybe I should swing my 270
degree Flag around to 300 degrees!

best wishes,
Nick

Nick Hall-Patch