[IRCA] Grundig Satellite 800

Hi all,

I am thinking about a new radio that I can easily take along to beach locations and on trips without feeling like I am packing for a trek through the Amazon. I was thinking that the 800 would be better than a true portable, and in a good TA location should perform well. Obviously a Drake, R-75, or Palstar would perform better, but how much better vs the additional cost is the question. I am seeing the Grundigs on eBay for under $400 and I think Universal has them at about the same.

The collective wisdom of the DXerati is most welcome.

Chris Black
Cape Cod