[IRCA] This list

(I tried this once before, and this !@#$%^ ISP web mail program timed me out
 - well, if their server weren't so blasted slow, this wouldn't happen! I
know, I know, be tolerant, it's because of Katrina...)

Folks,

This is enough. If you can't be civil to one another and insist on taking
offense at every turn, if what you want is conflict, [IRCA] is NOT the list
for you, and I suggest you unsubscribe IMMEDIATELY.

[IRCA] is a DX list. As the description EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU got when you
subscribed reads, "This group is for those interested in AM (Broadcast Band)
DXing" - That's straightforward enough, and if you feel you need to parse
those words and look for subtle nuances and hidden meanings, forget it. If
what you want to do is chit-chat, there are plenty of USENET groups for
that. Look into it - try Google groups or the newsreader on your e-mail
program, if so equipped.

I will say it ONE MORE TIME - NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. If you have nothing
better to do that make private jokes and use innuendos to insult this or
that person, DO IT SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN [IRCA]!!! If you can read this
e-mail, you have the capability of reading the headers of the e-mail - and
if you don't know what that means, ASK ME OFF LIST - and from those headers
you can get the e-mail address of the person that sent the message - look at
the "From:" line. Take your insults and flames to private e-mail and KEEP
THEM THERE. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THEM!

I personally do not have the time or energy to go thru each and every
message and see if there is anything in there that might remotely be
construed as an insult to someone; if doing that is how you get your
jollies, that's fine, that's YOUR business, but [IRCA] is NOT the place for
that. This is for DX and radio related messages. All of you are adults; you
know perfectly well what I'm saying and I shouldn't have to go to any
lengths to get my point across.

Two other things:

 - if, when you're responding to a message, the topic changes, please change
the Subject: line accordingly - as in, if you start out talking about "UNID
on 1340" and this becomes a discussion of transmission antennas, please
change the Subject to reflect that, as in something like "Transmission
antennas (was UNID on 1340)" - this makes it easier to keep track of a
discussion to someone reading a bunch of messages or going thru the archives

 - Please, don't quote an entire long message just to add your few words of
comment/info. Not everyone has a high-speed connection to the Net, and
quoting an entire message, signature and all, and then adding just a few
words makes it like you're downloading a message twice - and after a few
dozen messages, it adds up!

PLEASE, DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE ON [IRCA] - send me an e-mail at
lynn@xxxxxxxxx if you feel the need to comment, tell me I'm wrong, whatever.
If you take offense at this message, I'm sorry, but TELL ME ABOUT YOUR
FEELINGS PRIVATELY, NOT ON [IRCA].

Now let's get back to DX - and stay there!!!

Lynn.