Date: 09/17/05 18:21:44
Subject: [IRCA] Marti 530 back on tonight

After 3 weeks absence the R Marti EC130 heard again
for their scheduled Saturday 2200z-0259Z(Sun.)
operation on 530, which has been hrd here several
times previously, but with diminished t-storms, this was
best ever. Came up right at 2200Z with IS, news "La voz de la
America Latina", "Atencion Cuba" and mentioned TV
operation on canal 13 etc,  Hrd with decent signal on
truck radio, weakly on barefoot dx398 while outside,
as previously. This seems to act as groundwave
from area over straits where plane flies, probably west
of Habana, since it gets weaker as the evening goes
on, I suspect they fly an easterly track and hit the
landmass attenuation at Sarasota s they do so. This
is not skywave and in fact I lose them to RVC as it
gets dark. This is pretty much a west-coast of Fla
deal due to the circumstances, I believe.

- Bob, Tampa