[IRCA] Lists, Rapid DX Information, etc.

[IRCA] Lists, Rapid DX Information, etc.

I joined ABDX a few days ago and am also on the WTFDA AM list.  However,
I would like to have one list serve as "home list" for most DXers.
Right now, that seems like this list.  Having club sponsorship is
important to me.  I will likely rejoin IRCA.  However, the reason I let
my membership lapse a few years ago is because I'm on the east coast and
most of the loggings were west coast.  (I imagine there was a reverse
problem for west-coasters on the NRC list.)  Hopefully we'll see a good
geographic distribution on this list if a lot of fellow NRC refugees
make IRCA their home.

For real-time DX information, the NRC dxtip list will still be active
apparently.  I estimate that I picked up something on the order of 100
new loggings from that list (particularly from tips posted by Barry
McLarnon).  I also sign on to the internet chat room on www.starchat.net
and that has been like a virtual DXpedition.  Even when things are slack
it's fun to keep each other company.

Dave
Highland Park, NJ