[IRCA] Fw: [DX398] Seeking a new group owner

Anybody want to be a news group owner?

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:15 AM
Subject: [DX398] Seeking a new group owner

Hello,

I have been the owner and moderator for the DX398/ATS-909 Group since
I started it back in May 2001.  Since that time I have learn an
incredible amount of information about the DX398 and Shortwave
Listening from everyone here.  I have done my best to keep the topics
on theme and to keep everyone civil and keep the rif raf out, and
certainly made some mistakes along the way.  Thanks for your patience.

However, as with all things in life, things change.  My interest in
SWL lead me to Ham Radio and this and other hobbies have now caught
my fancy and have spent little time with SWL and in fact don't own
any DX398's anymore.

To that end, I would like to offer this group to someone still active
with shortwave listening with DX398 or ATS-909 radios.  I just don't
have the time and my interests have shifted.  I would be looking for
someone willing to keep with the spirit of the group and keeping it
moderated and clean.  I would be looking for someone to put some
energy into a perhaps liven things up a bit with new ideas and such
to make it a better group and a great resource for all members and
the hobby in general.

If anyone has any interest in taking ownership of this group, please
contact me off-line.

Thanks,
Doug Matulis
DX398 Group Owner