Re: [IRCA] More available spectrum when TV goes digital.

Re: [IRCA] More available spectrum when TV goes digital.

? A friend in So Cal has HDTV with the
> digital tuner and he only watches over the air, well one TV station he
> cannot get, because the quality level is below I think he said 55%. So
> guess if the signal is a bit weak, you don't get anything at all. It
is
> not like analog skip. With digital satellite, if it is too weak you
get
> nothing, but I can get tiling (break up) if it is below a certain
level.

> 73,
>
> Patrick

Yes. If it is too weak often the screen is just a solid blue. VHS
VCR's usually show this effect. I think HD radio in hybrid
mode is intended to revert to regular analog when the signal is
too weak.  When the hybrid mode disappears (10 years??) I
think you'd then get just nothing at all.

- Bob