Re: [IRCA] More available spectrum when TV goes digital.

Re: [IRCA] More available spectrum when TV goes digital.

As Team Mondo Digitalis' claws sink ever more deeply into the body politic, one supposes we could all act as good proles. In Winston Smith tradition we could jubilantly break into upbuilding song and lively dance. We'll sing praises that at least HDTV, unlike its mutant blood-tick cousin HD radio, doesn't demolish six adjacent channels with aural and visual excresence.

   Do IBOC/HD/Digital Dingbat promoters with their hyperventilating overblown lingo remind you of credentialed crackheads? Their educational and biz vitae are impressive as much for their lack of appreciation for the medium as for their talent for obfuscation. Their products sell poorly, so they use 'public partners' to coerce the marketplace.

   Wasn't this tried in former eastern bloc countries with ever so less than stellar results?

You yet again answer another question, Patrick. Our "minds' ear" long ago learned to compensate for analog fades. Don't we find ourselves 'riding words - linking lost syllables' during deep fades? We're not even conscious of it, we just do it, and extract meaning.

Fading with new improved DigitalDejecta radio? You hear a 'glink' or a 'bloink', then nothing. Not to worry, Team Struble will license 'predictive software downloadable over radio' as a "solution" to the problem. Might one rudely mention, a problem of their making?

                                                                                           -Z.-

PS - Condolences to Houston, TX, first to suffer the latest chapter of 'Ending Radio as we Know It."  BPL brings internet service to the three Houstonians who lack it, and destroys shortwave listening for the rest. Period.

  So, they admit that jammers - excuse me, how 'uncivil' and 'offensive' - BPL transmitters will be placed one half to one mile apart. Has the IEEE any studies re radiation patterns of power lines? Not to worry, hams like time signals are unneeded, so say BPL Prevaricators.

  During Hurricane Charley, Punta Gorda, FL, last summer, guess which communications systems failed first and longest? Guess which failed not at all?

  The Elites' ruse to stanch our ability to listen freely, cloaked with the gleet-encrusted merkin of HD radio and BPL fools no one. The stench is overpowering, the failure during time of disaster will be at least vindicating.

Paul VIncent Zecchino
Manasoviet Key, FL
BT