Re: [IRCA] KPH

At 07:51 AM 13/07/05, Nick Hall-Patch wrote:
>Message: 2
>Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:24:22 -0700
>From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [IRCA] KPH
>         <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>At 20:46 12/07/2005, you wrote:
> >Thanks for the info.  I'm not all that great with code ie. I haven't gotten
> >any faster since I passed the test last year, hi.  Anyways, I've been
> >decoding the code, so to speak, from the recording I have.  They're supposed
> >to be on pretty late aren't they?
>
>They were in here with good signal on 426 kHz at about 0515 UTC, but no 500
>kHz.  I'd say about 10 wpm,  and, yes, I used to be able to copy that
>speed, but no more, unfortunately, so all I can say is that I recognized a
>lot of letters...
>
>best wishes
>
>Nick

The same night I checked the list of frequencies and also copied the same
stream on numerous frequencies, with perhaps 426 being the
strongest.  Since I don't copy CW, I used MiwW with 100% copy.  Must have
been machine generated, as the program copied it flawlessly.  Very much
like an ARRL transmission with information about charitable donations, etc
and interspersed every paragraph or two with VVV de KPH.  All the other
frequencies monitored on 4, 6, 8, all the way up to 17 MHz seemed to be in
parallel.  They also gave an address for reports...........Walt Salmaniw,
Victoria.