Re: [IRCA] More available spectrum when TV goes digital.

Re: [IRCA] More available spectrum when TV goes digital.

>You yet again answer another question, Patrick. Our "minds' ear" long
ago learned to compensate for analog fades. Don't we find >ourselves
'riding words - linking lost syllables' during deep fades? We're not
even conscious of it, we just do it, and extract meaning.

>    /* episodes deleted to save the Children  */
>Paul VIncent Zecchino
>Manasoviet Key, FL
>BT

da tovarich,

speaking of digital lost syllables, did any of you see the NBC nightly
news
with BrokawCloneBrian tonight, the entire half hour was full of
digital pixelation episodes, jagged tears in the video, jumps in the
audio - not to mention the two stretches of black/silence during one
report about 10 minutes into the show, the first stretch lasting maybe
20 seconds.I assume the black was the net feed, I don't really know
if the other was from the network or was in the sat feed. It even
affected the commercials. I guess the DTO will have some lengthy
TR's to read tomorrow.

PS I carefully scrutinized the NY Times C6 today, full page ad for
J&R Music World. Can't find any HD radio sets. But 5.1 etc is hot.

- Bob