[IRCA] Great opening to the east

On Monday (sorry about not posting this earlier, but I've been away from
the computer) I noted a great opening at sunset.   In the space of an
hour, I had logged 5 new ones, something that hasn't happened in a long
time.  They were KATE (Albert Lea, MN), KFIZ (Fond du Lac, WI), and WDLB
(Marshfield, WI), all on 1450,  as well as 1470 WMBD (Peoria, IL) and
1440 WROK (Rockford, IL).   The nearer stations on those frequencies
were completely inaudible, letting the new ones through.   Sounded more
like an FM opening than typical MW reception.    It's surprises like
that that keep the hobby interesting for me.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, AB