[IRCA] Wobbler listening update...

Here's an update of what I and others have been hearing from the Wobbler.

I reported earlier having DF'ed Wobblers as likely artifacts of:

930 CMJS - 10kW - Ciego de Avila, CA - R.Reloj - 21.86N 78.71W - 164.42° -
320.5 miles

620 CMGN - 30kW - Colon, MA - R.Rebelde - 22.69N 80.857W - 191.57° - 256.6
miles

Yesterday (3/14) I tentatively DF'ed another one:

820 CMJT - 10kW - Ciego de Avila, CA - R.Pregresso

This one was coming in strong on Sunday but when I tried DF'ing, the Wobbler
had subsided.  Yesterday the Wobbler was back but the station much subdued,
plus splatter from 810 ZNS3 1kW booming in from Freeport, Bahamas,
contributing to the difficulty to zero in.  This result is somewhat less
certain than the other two and I will make another attempt to nail it down
firmly, next time I have a good signal and strong Wobbler.  Cuban stations
are rather unpredictable as to their day to day signal strength.

The other possibility for the 820 Wobbler would be:

820 CMCA - 10kW - Santa Catalina, CH - R.Cuidad de la Habana

I am unable to find any signal from this station so far - during the
afternoon when I'm DF'ing - and doubt this is the origin of the Wobbler on
820, but time will tell.

[Call sign, power, radio network and city name are per the 2005 WRTH.
Coordinates, bearing and distance are my own calculations.]

A new, distant reception report of the Wobbler on 930 has been received from
Michigan, adding a new state to the Wobbler coverage area.  The current
reception list according to my account is:

CO DE FL GA IL MA MI MO NJ NY OH OK ON PA RI SC TN

If I missed anyone, please let me know.

As was mentioned yesterday by Steve Francis from Tennessee, the Wobbler on
930 has been very strong of late.  It was extremely strong yesterday and
seems to be repeating today.  The most sever wobble has been occurring
during the afternoon, audible here on ground wave, but not likely beyond the
south Florida region.  At night the 930 Wobbler has been somewhat less
extreme, but there almost all the time.  Wobblers on the other frequencies
come and go daily, but rarely reaching the intensity of the one on 930,
although 910 has acted up on occasion.

I keep a log on the Wobbler web site, of my several times a day reception of
all the common Wobbler frequencies.  If you want to try to hear it, or if
you think you are and want some verification, see the "Observations" page to
check for what's being heard here, close to the apparent source of the beast

W. Curt Deegan

Boca Raton, (South East) Florida

http://ScooterHound.com/WWWR/wobbler/