[IRCA] Re: the Future of DX Tests (Long)

[IRCA] Re: the Future of DX Tests (Long)

Eric and all,

I have found most Clear Channel stations to be pretty good QSLers. They
have done DX tests in the past and give tours to conventions. Even
though I am not fond of huge companies as a whole, I have had no
troubles getting QSLs out of CC stations. CC in Portland has QSL'd, CC
in Denver has QSL'd, and the list goes on.
But we should all have a good relationship with stations, if we want to
continue with our hobby. As far as a complaint about some station
cheating. Make sure the station is cheating. It is better to contact a
station the cheating station interferes with to complain than go and
contact the FCC directly.  Let the interfering station do the work. If
they are getting interference their word means a lot more than a DXers
anyway. If station X calls station Y to complain about QRM, then that
will be between those stations. It looks better for the DXer and hey,
lets all to along. We have a lot to gain and much to lose if we don't.

73s,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR