[IRCA] Re: the Future of DX Tests (Long)

[IRCA] Re: the Future of DX Tests (Long)

Pat and Les,

I stopped sending out QSL requests to AM and FM stations in 2000, due in part to the lack of response to them. Several stations who verified reports for me many years ago have become notorious non-verifiers for me. One example is KOA 850 Denver, CO; they were a good verifier back in the 1980s; they're a non-verifier now. As far as groups are concerned, with very few exceptions, Clear Channel is a very notorious non-verifier. The best verifiers, for me, have been the Christian and public radio stations. I may resume sending out requests to Canadian stations (I haven't sent a report to CHWO 740 Toronto, for instance); but U.S. stations are off my list for verifications (except for select DX tests).

I primarily send out QSL requests to shortwave stations or to Hams I've contacted.

73, Eric (N0UIH)