Re: [Swprograms] BBC "Global Minds" -- the person they engaged to discuss sport(s) isn't a "radio guy"

Re: [Swprograms] BBC "Global Minds" -- the person they engaged to discuss sport(s) isn't a "radio guy"

> > I presume you imply that she doesn't get the WS via terrestrial radio
> > due to her location... correct?  Who knows...she might have a Sirius /
> > XM subscription or she listens online...
> >
> > Clearly the Global Minds site is suited specifically to engage with
> > folks that are likely already getting e-mail from the World Service --
> > the regular Thursday e-mail I get contained the invitation that I
> > responded to.
> > Further, there is no mention at the Global Minds website regarding the
> > sufficiency, relevance or uniqueness of the various "delivery
> > platforms" being used.
> > In one of the admin forums, the person from the WS mused that the
> > forums were using a higher level of technology-speak than was
> > important...I posted that a bigger issue was ensuring that those
> > without access to phones or computers had a voice.
> > The "World Update" program (weekdays 0900) has been soliciting text
> > messages / e-mails during the program the past week or so, if for
> > nothing else than to tell the WS that we're listening.  There have
> > been a fair number of messages read on air from Africa via folks who
> > texted via their cell phones.
> > Richard

	And the VisionCritical site shows the
	subcontractors and their intertube
	engagement with other customers for
	their remote engagement services

	http://www.visioncritical.com/about/

	I'm not impressed. but then I dislike the new
 	subcontractor on CBC web pages handling of
	controversies also.