Re: [Swprograms] Slightly OT: For whom the bell tolls

Re: [Swprograms] Slightly OT: For whom the bell tolls

All true.  But to be completely fair, the clueless FCC of Kevin Martin took almost two years to approve this merger--mostly due to the FCC's thrall-like posture toward the broadcast industry.  Maybe in the end it wouldn't have made any difference.  But the "audio services" market had already changed considerably by the time Sirius and XM proposed their merger and the speed of that change only picked up while Martin dithered.  The unconscionalbe delay certainly didn't help matters.

But I agree that most of the blame goes to gross mismanagement.

John Figliozzi