Re: [Swprograms] Slightly OT: For whom the bell tolls

Re: [Swprograms] Slightly OT: For whom the bell tolls

I remember when Sirius and XM were trying to convince the FCC to allow them to "merge".  Karmizan promised the moon like 30 ala carte channels of your choosing for $6.95 per month by the end of 2008.

As far as I know, programable receivers which could take advantage of the ala carte offering never happened.  Now they announce their intent to raise the price for a second receiver on an account from $6.99 to $8.99 and start charging for their on-line service, which was free to subscribers, on March 11.

Karmizan now has a huge loss in his equity position and Howard Stern's stock is also near worthless (down 45% today at $.06 per share).  Couldn't happen to nicer guys.  Good riddance.

I hear Echostar's Charlie Ergen is wading into the sludge looking for that buried pony in there somewhere.  I hope he finds it.

Joe Buch