[Swprograms] BBC Newscast Shifts Lineup on U.S. Public TV Stations

[Swprograms] BBC Newscast Shifts Lineup on U.S. Public TV Stations

I realize this is off topic from shortwave radio but I thought the
following article from the New York Times might be of interest to some.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/07/arts/television/07bbca.html?_r=1&oref=
slogin

It looks as if my local PBS station WHYY Philadelphia has dropped the
BBC news which used to be on at 11 PM.  Frankly I'm disappointed with
this move.

It also remains a matter of distress to me that the 24 hour BBC News
Channel isn't available here.  I think the USA is about the only place
on the planet where it is largely unavailable.

Sandy

Mr. Sandy Finlayson
Director of Library Services &
Professor of Theological Bibliography
Westminster Theological Seminary
Philadelphia, PA

'Nothing makes a man more reverent than a library'
Sir Winston Churchill