Re: [Swprograms] BBC Newscast Shifts Lineup on U.S. Public TV Stations

Re: [Swprograms] BBC Newscast Shifts Lineup on U.S. Public TV Stations

The replacement program many PBS stations/networks are airing is "World Focus," which is a poor substitute for the BBC.  One of the two statewide PBS networks I can receive made that switch, at a premium 5:30 p.m. local time spot no less, which I just complained to them about on their feedback link.  (The other PBS network I get carries a much delayed BBC news broadcast at 11:00 p.m., which is after my bedtime, plus really old news.)  While I appreciate "world" news, I also want a non-U.S.-centric view, which World Focus is not.  I'm guessing the distributors of World Focus gave PBS stations a great introductory carriage rate, cheaper than the BBC news program it is substituting [poorly] for, which they couldn't refuse in the tight financial times of today.

The 24-hour BBC television stream in my area is only on the digital cable coverage, at premioum prices that I can't afford to pay.

Sad.

Kevin Anderson