Re: [Swprograms] timer-recording Internet streams

Re: [Swprograms] timer-recording Internet streams

Those are fine for podcasts -- i.e. downloadable audio -- but quite
often the good stuff isn't downloadable, it's only streamable.

Take the BBC World Service...roughly 1/4 of their programming is
downloadable / podcastable.  The balance is streamed and is available
for on-demand streaming but not on-demand downloading.

The software I mentioned covers those situaitons - both live and on-demand.

FWIW, I use Google Reader as my RSS aggregator...that way the only
stuff that clutters my hard drive is the stuff I specifically want

Also FWIW, there are a lot of podcasts / audio programs out there from
non-traditional sources that cover current affairs etc., that may be
of interest if you enjoy international broadcasts.  Some of these are
commercial sources, others are public service sources.

I might start posting them when I get a few minutes free over the
coming days...and will use a subject header something like "OT:
Podcast Suggestion" in the post so those who aren't interested can
ignore those messages.

Richard C / Allentown  P