Re: [Swprograms] The other shoe... (internet radio receivers)

Re: [Swprograms] The other shoe... (internet radio receivers)

Lee,

A quick surf suggests that while manufacturer support for your Turtle Beach Audiotron has ceased they have provided a way for you to maintain your radio station database yourself which seems workable.

You are in a better situation than I would be if Reciva stopped operating the service behind my wifi radio.

The basic problem is that radio station stream locations often have complex URLs and manually entering such parameters is much less attractive to a prospective purchaser than a list centrally provided.

Ideally there would be one standard for the provision of tuning information which manufacturers of all such devices would support and the ability to point the radio at alternative sources by entering a new tuning guide IP address.

I don't know of a device which reaches this ideal.

Mark Hawkins