Re: [Swprograms] BBCWS and Olympics streaming -- only slightly affected in 2008

Re: [Swprograms] BBCWS and Olympics streaming -- only slightly affected in 2008

Follow the money...

For all the entities you mention, the content owners (don't you just
love that...) are able to garner revenue for themselves by selling
subscriptions to the content.

Take the NFL for example...which sharply limits how much can be shown
in newscasts now...

All part of the debate to "monetize" content in the Internet era.

When it comes to copyright, radio has always held a special position.
The thinking historically was that radio airplay would create demand
for whatever was being aired...so that artists would not be
compensated for their songs being played on the radio, because the
exposure then meant that more people would by their LP / 8-track /
cassette/ CD.  Overall I believe it's a similar malady.

Rich Cuff / Allentown, PA