Re: [Swprograms] OT Linux

I second Stan's comments...as you may see I separately said the same thing.

Ubuntu is certainly the Linux distribution getting the most favorable publicity.

Stan's comments regarding and old laptop and external speakers are
spot-on.  This laptop I am using has a real touchy trackpoint, so I
must now use an external mouse.  That's about the only concession I
have had to make with it.

As for WiFI, I have had great success with a Cisco Aironet PC card
with the Atheros chipset that I picked up on eBay for $15.  Avoid wifi
cards with the Broadcom chipset --- that's the one people have had
trouble with.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA