Re: [Swprograms] Radiosophy HD radio available for $99

Re: [Swprograms] Radiosophy HD radio available for $99

Hi Sergei,

I'll tackle the HD questions:

The two sites to check on HD offerings are:

http://www.hdradio.com/

http://www.ibiquity.com/hdradio_find_a_station

The quality of a HD radio depends on several factors:  a) how many streams are
being fed.  Only 1 is allowed on AM/MW but 3 are allowed on FM.  More equals
more content but less quality in each.  b) how far are you from the transmitter.
Too far and no signal at all.  On the edge and you will have frequent shifts
back and forth between analog and digital mode.  C) the same factors that affect
any other signal:  the care and feeding of the signal by the engineers and
producers.

Overall, the signal is definitely better.  CD quality?  Umm, well, maybe...  not
usually.  The Radiosophy radio is good, but not the best I've heard.

Regards,

--
-Rob de Santos
AFANA Chairman