Re: [Swprograms] Slightly OT: FCC commissioner Copps Expresses Doubts Over Media Mergers

Re: [Swprograms] Slightly OT: FCC commissioner Copps Expresses Doubts Over Media Mergers

Copps is a bit of a rogue in his views generally, as far as the rest
of the FCC has been concerned.  Given the free pass given by the FCC
to all sorts of mergers the last few years, if this one doesn't go
I'd have to chalk it up to the still inordinate power that the NAB
continues to hold over the regulatory agency.

I mean:  Doesn't the fact that the NAB so vigorously opposes this
merger prove without further need for debate that terrestrial
broadcasters and satellite broadcasters are in competition with one
another?

John Figliozzi