Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: Be first to hear BBC World Sevice's new sound

Re: [Swprograms] Fwd: Be first to hear BBC World Sevice's new sound

I went looking in four different places for the spelling.  Two showed
it as "Lillibullero"...but there are a variety of spellings in play.

Wikipedia was one of the sources that used "Lillibullero", also the
BBC Northern Ireland website...yet the WS site uses "Lilliburlero"...

A Google search reveals that the tune has a storied history, with
numerous lyrics being set to the music.

Just for fun, I went listening to several MP3s of the "traditional" WS
rendering of Lillibu_lero and the more recent version, and in both
instances the songs seemed incomplete until I added the top-of-hour
time pips at the end...

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA