Re: [Swprograms] CBC Overnight changes

This is an issue for a broadcaster targeting a local audience that
also finds itself with a global audience.

After all, some folks consider 2 AM Tuesday morning (local time,
wherever they are) to be "Monday night" in the vernacular.

Those who wrestle with US public radio schedules always have to be on
the lookout for this.  In many instances, days start at 5 AM local
time with "Morning Edition".  Yet another reason I am always impressed
by Kevin Kelly's endeavors with the Public Radio Fan database.

Even international broadcasters aren't immune -- Radio Netherlands and
HCJB used to show local days (not UTC days) in their schedules even
though the schedules themselves showed UTC.

It is particularly vexing when a broadcaster isn't consisent with this
concept, as appears to be the case with the CBC.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA

On 9/12/07, Glenn Hauser <wghauser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ** CANADA. Anomalies keep showing up in the CBC radio schedule. From the
> Hotsheet for Wednesday Sept 12, the final entry concerns the start of the new
> local day, Thursday:

<snippage>