Re: [Swprograms] So what are people listening to nowadays? And how are you li...

Re: [Swprograms] So what are people listening to nowadays? And how are you li...

Being an old retired guy, I spend more time listening now days than
I did during my working years (g)  My all time favorites were Switzerland
Calling, R. Australia and R. Netherlands although I did spread a lot of
time on casual listening to pretty much everything available in English.
Switzerland holds the top spot since I spent a lot of time working in Berne.
I did collect QSLs back in the '60s but drifted away from that part of the
hobby when I started to spend most of my time traveling.

I now enjoy the challenge of digging out stations during these difficult
times for good propagation.  I'm also a ham and have some modern
DSP type gear to help on the tougher ones although my R-75 still does
most of the work.  I don't care for listening via the Internet.  I admit you
get much better audio than listening directly to the desired station
over the air but a little fade and a bit of noise now and then reminds me
that I am really listening to a radio signal and not a TV-like box (g)  Spent
30+ years in the computer field with most of it associated with data
comm activities.  Decided to retire all the 1's and 0's when I retired in '91
although I still spend too much time keeping up to date on the Internet.
Think the various ways of enjoyed our mutual hobby is what makes it
fun for all of us although I do miss many of the old programs and schedules
no longer available today.

Ed MacDonald KR0I
K.C., MO