Re: [Swprograms] Big Ben to fall silent for maintenance

Re: [Swprograms] Big Ben to fall silent for maintenance

I use Public Radio Fan (PRF) most of the time  if I don't already know
the URL.  Again, I'm more of a spoken-word listener, so PRF's listings
by program are most helpful.  I occasionally provide updated schedule
info to Kevin Kelly if I come across updates.  Other web radio
resources tap the PRF database, by arrangement.

I use a Windows program called Replay A/V ($50) to manage my
downloading -- because 90% of the time I capture audio and save as MP3
files for portability.  That way URLs and program air times are saved,
suitable for easy launching when the mood strikes.

In addition to the sources I mentioned, I also check out the Public
Radio Exchange (prx.org) for independently-produced programming having
interesting subject matters.  David, you might want to check them out
as an outlet for any freelance work you do.

Thanks for those music suggestions...I encourage others to add theirs...

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA